I love lists, every kind of list. Bucket lists have a special place in my heart. I just love sitting down at my desk, brainstorm a little, write down all the things I need/want to do and then, as time goes by, crossing them off.
For a few years I’ve had my ultimate bucket list glued on the second page of my planner. Seeing it every morning before going through my to-do list gives a shot of extra motivation. Now that I’m about to move abroad, I’ve also added a pre-departure bucket list and a Toronto bucket list.
Be sure to scroll to the end of this post and grab my free make your dreams happen workbook.
I enjoy reading other people’s bucket list, so I’ve decided to share mine as well. In addition, this will make more more accountable and it also just gave me a lot of ideas for future posts.
- Become fluent in 2 foreign languages (1/2)
I’m currently working on my Spanish. I’m planning to take some French classes in the future. I’d also love to learn a language that doesn’t use the latin alphabet. I’ve studied ancient Greek in high school, so maybe I’ll get into modern Greek? I’d also love to really learn sign language, not just the ASL alphabet.
- Read 30 books in a year
This is one of my goals for 2017.
- Read 50 books in a year
I wanted to volunteer for the longest time and, after I graduate, I finally found not only the time but also a project I really like and I enjoy being a part of.
- Volunteer in a care center or an orphanage abroad
I’d love to do this in Africa, specifically Ethiopia, Kenya or Tanzania. Considering I’m moving to North America, I’ll probably go volunteer somewhere in South America over a summer (maybe after I graduate from college there?)
Go on a vacation by myselfDuring the summer of 2013 I went to Vancouver. I wasn’t completely and utterly on my own, since I went there to attend an English as second language school. But I travelled there by myself, taking a flight with a layover for the first time ever (which was in Heathrow, one of the world’s busiest airports). I also went on frequent solo day trips when I was in Vancouver.
- Go on another vacation by myself
- Take a photo every day for 1 year
- Have tech-free days once a week for 1 year
- Adopt a dog
- Move to a different country (in progress! Moving to Toronto on December 26th)
- Get tattoo(s)
- Get back into drawing
Graduate on time
Completed on July 14th, 2016.
- Reach my goal weight
- Take more and better photos
- Buy a house
- Be a foster/adoptive parent
Visit a chocolate factory
During my first year of middle school, we visited a chocolate factory in Lugano, Switzerland as our annual school trip. Also, last year, when I was in Köln, Germany, I visited the chocolate museum.
Go whale watchingIn August 2015, when I was on a road trip across Ontario and Québec, I went on the zodiac adventure in Tadoussac.
- Go camping
- Go on a Safari
Go zip liningCompleted in August 2015 in Montréal. Definitely want to try this again, this time in the middle of a forest.
- Swim with the dolphins
- Ride in a helicopter
- See the northern lights
- Travel first class
- Stay in an overwater bungalow
- Wear a fancy dress
Walk behind a waterfallIn August 2015 I did the journey behind the falls in Niagara Falls.
- Decorate a whole room by myself
Ride a jet skiCompleted August 2015. I was sunbathing in Bluffers Park Beach, ON and a guy invited me to ride his jet ski with him. Next time I want to be the one driving it.
Take a road tripI don’t remember the first time I actually went on a road trip. When I was little, I drove around Italy and Europe with my family for summer holidays. The first time I went on a road trip where I was the one doing the driving and the planning and everything was my California road trip in August 2014.
Visit a movie setWhen I was in Vancouver in 2013, I was walking through UBC and they were setting up a movie/tv show set (maybe Supernatural? Unluckily I did not ask). During my California road trip (summer 2014), I visited the Warner Bros studios in Burbank. In March (2016) I visited the Making of Harry Potter, just outside of London.
- Ride a horse (possibly an Icelandic horse during a horseback riding tour on a black sand beach)
See the statue of Liberty
Completed April 2012.
- Walk on the great wall of China
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon
- See the pyramids
- Set foot on all 7 continents (2/7; so far, I’ve been just to Europe and North America)
Visit Niagara FallsCompleted August 2014.
- Go to Disney World
- See the Grand Canyon (half completed. I flew over it and got the chance to see it from the plane, but I really need to go there and do all the hiking tours)
- Visit every Canadian province + territory (3/13; so far, I’ve been to British Columbia, Québec, and Ontario)
Start a blog
Completed September 2016.
- Make friends with other bloggers
- Participate in a Twitter chat
- Create a media kit for the blog
- Write a sponsored post
- Blog consistently for a year
- Write a self-help ebook.
Pre-departure bucket list
Visit the Uffizi Gallery in Florence
Complete November 19.
- See Da Vinci’s Last Supper
- Visit Brera art gallery
Have dinner at NobuCompleted November 10
- Learn 5 new English words every day.
- Declutter: throw away/donate things I don’t need anymore or can’t bring with me abroad
Toronto bucket list
- Do the CN tower edge walk
- Visit the Aga Khan museum
- Bike through the Toronto Island Park
- Compile a list of restaurants I want to try
- Do not eat poutine more than once a month
- See the cherry blossoms in High Park
- Attend a sporting event (probably hockey)
- Attend all my classes, unless I’m really sick or there’s an event I really can’t miss
- Study hard and get the highest GPA as possible
- Join a club
- Be friendly and get involved
That’s all for me. Now it’s your turn: sign up below and make your dreams happen! I will email you a free workbook, which includes some tips and tricks on how to convert your dreams into plans and come useful printables.
Do you have a bucket list? How many items have you crossed off? Do you have any suggestions for me? Something I should add to my list? In particular, I’m so looking forward to expant my Toronto bucket list!